Troubles with the swype update?

Last Updated:

1. BBrase

BBrase Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a swype update via email. Did anyone else get this and are you experiencing any troubles? Installed it twice tonight and will try again tomorrow just wondering if anyone else is having any issues with the update?

Advertisement
  2. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member

Did you re boot the phone after you un installed? If not, try that, it may solve the problem.
    Uninstall, re boot, re install, in that order.....

BBrase likes this.
  3. BBrase

Still nothing... And it will not allow me to register at the end. I was a valid beta user and my email pass is still working. You can swype out any word on the keyboard and then it is almost like an error notice you get. A bong-bong sound, and the edges of the keyboard flash blue.

4. BBrase

Found an FAQ walks you through the problems I am having will walk through that..

5. BBrase

Shazam! Basically had to do etherything you said again and close some widgets and kill everything running in the background. Works great now.

6. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member

Good to hear. After I rooted, I ran I into the same problem, and that's what I has to do to fix it. Finally found a thread that confirmed it, and gave the technical reasons why. Seems to be a pretty common issue.