Troubleshooting my AndroidSupport

Last Updated:

1. johndobrick

johndobrick New Member This Topic's Starter

My Android will not stop "chirping" it is the ringer volume...i have tried taking the battery out but it starts chirping again. I have tried to put it on vibrate mode...but in seconds it automatically goes back to full volume and chirping...any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

What device?

Do you mean it just chirps unconditionally or does it chirp when you are being notified of something?

3. johndobrick

johndobrick New Member This Topic's Starter

Unconditionally. It will not stop chirping...there is no rhyme or reason to why it is chirping.

Here is appears to be happening: If you were in "vibrate mode" and you wanted some kind of ringer volume you would simply use the increase/decrease volume button; with each "tap" to increase the volume it make a "ping" sound. The problem is it is not stopping...as I have typed this it has chirped or pinged 50-60 times.

I am using the "one-piece" droid touch screen...no seperate keyboard.

4. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Yikes. Sounds annoying as you know what to put it mildly.

I can't think of a helpful suggestion, except to visit a store and see if they can help. Hopefully someone can actually help you.

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I've got a Galaxy S 4g. It has something called haptic sounds feedback. It says vibrate when pressing softkeys and on certain UI interactions. There's quite a few other settings under sounds. Did you turn those settings off?
    Z

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Moved