• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Troubleshooting: Screen doesn't come on, but keyboard does

So I dropped my phone and it broke in half (oh no!!!). When I pieced it back together and turned it on, the keyboard came on, but the screen remained black. So obviously, after many impacts with the ground in the past, it's finally finished now...

I went to the Sprint store today, and they said they couldn't transfer my contacts, pics, text, really anything into my new iPhone. Online, I found out that you could transfer your stuff to your pc. I have the USB, my laptop, and my phone along with my SB, but the only thing that stands in my way is that the screen is still pitch black!

Is there anyway to resolve this? Or at least transfer my stuff somewhere safe?

Do I need to do anything on the phone screen in order to transfer? And what about all the apps that I downloaded, and the data saved on the apps? They'll get transferred too, right?

As long as your data is on your SD card, you're fine - It's all done on the computer with the card reader. Your apps+data will not transfer to the iPhone because 1)they are incompatible, and 2)the iPhone has a different app store than Android does. Your contacts are saved with Google, so there is most likely a way to get those on your iPhone pretty easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones