Troubleshooting strange occasional crashesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Elimaes12

Elimaes12 Member This Topic's Starter

I am running non-rooted standard android 2.1 on my spica (unofficially upgraded from 1.5 factory installed), and occasionally, it crashes. Usually when it's just in my pocket, I take my phone out and the screen stays black no matter which buttons I push. When I let it stay like that for some time, the battery runs hot. I then have to take the battery out and reboot the phone.

I would like to know what is causing these crashes, but can't come up with any way to find out. Saving logs with aLogCat is not really an option, seeing as it happens once every few days, and I would have to set a very high saving frequency, hoping the log is saved at the right time when the phone crashes.

I'm all open to ideas on finding the cause of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Ihm

Ihm Member

Yeah... mine does this too, I have no clue what it is. The first day I had it I left it to charge over night and it did it then, I almost crapped myself thinking it was broken. I've only had the phone 3 weeks and its done it at least... 2 or 3 times. I'd love to know whats the problem, because it'll really suck if it crashes when I'm relying on the alarm.

3. Poopyfist

Poopyfist Member

I've had this happen many times, its quite frustrating. I've been told on another forum that it is a known issue with our phones, and that there is no fix.

I'd love to be told I'm wrong though, so if anyone has heard something to the contrary let us know.

4. ian.e

ian.e New Member

Hello. Was just wondering if anyone found a fix to this problem as my phone has done it once or twice in the past but 3 times today.

5. Elimaes12

Elimaes12 Member This Topic's Starter

I had an app installed called droidtracker. Since I uninstalled this, the crashing stopped. Maybe it had something to do with a bug in the program?