True Evo v Incredible v Nexus One Comparison

Last Updated:

1. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I know there's been a few threads named like this, but I didn't want this to get buried in them.

[​IMG]

Let me know if you want another category added to the specs, or of any errors. I'll admit I'm not all knowing about any of the three so I may have overlooked some things. Hope this helps for everybody asking to compare the phones against each other.

Also, sorry for the crappyish quality.

Advertisement
  2. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Thanks, SprintFun. The only problem I see with this is we don't know what the final specs for the EVO are going to be and the official specs on the Incredible have never been released, so this could change drastically.

3. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

Also, the N1 is avail for Tmo and ATT, neither Sprint or VZW right now.

4. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering why the EVO doesn't have 802.11n when the other two do....

5. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

It's already wrong. I can tell you for a fact the N1 does not have a wireless N adapter built in. The incredible screen will also be an AMOLED. Just like the EVO's screen will be like the HD2. What made me return the N1 was the you drop it you buy it warranty. That and I'd have to sign a 2 year contract with AT&T with no discount for service with them.

6. Camslam

Camslam Well-Known Member

Could anyone actually explain in english and straightforwardly the difference between a TFT LD, OLED, and AMOLED screen?

What are the advantages/disadvantages to going with one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

7. SprintFun

The "Official" spec sheet for the Incredible floating around specifically says its an OLED screen, which is why I said it that way. And you're correct on the lack of "n" wifi support, error on my part.

8. SprintFun

AMOLED (and I assume OLED?) use less battery and provide "better" colors, but you can't see them worth a damn in sunlight. Basically that's all I know :D

PaulMcCartney and Camslam like this.
  9. SprintFun

All indications point toward it also going to VZW and Sprint, just as the indications point toward the Incredible going to VZW :p I forgot about AT&T in there though.

10. Camslam

So can you see the TFT LD screens pretty well in direct sunlight?

11. Autosuggestion

Indicated, yes.

But we all know how VZW is doing with launches right now.

12. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yes quiet well indeed, it's not super bright, but you'll have no problem seeing what your doing

13. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

What "official" spec sheet are you quoting, SprintFun? Verizon has yet to announce anything about that phone and Jackson, who known as a trusted insider around here said the leaked specs from a few days ago were fake.

14. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

It would make little sense for HTC to switch the Incredible screen to something else when they are already using the same screen for the Desire and N1. Same with the HD2 and EVO. The first batches of EVOs and Incredibles are sitting in a warehouse somewhere right now. A CDMA N1 doesn't make much sense because you can just pop a SIM into your phone when you travel. If you're getting a CDMA phone you're going to stay with the carrier it came from or pay an ETF and go somewhere else with a different phone in your future.

15. SprintFun

HTC Incredible specs Boy Genius Report

And no offense to Jackson, but how would he know Sprint AND Verizon insider information? I trust the "verizon insiders" more than Jackson on this. Just my opinion.

16. Autosuggestion

I thought Jackson was a Android developer, not a Sprint or VZW insider for either.

Maybe I just forgot?

17. ljbaumer

ljbaumer Well-Known Member

i wish i had the EVO instead of my htc droid eris! the features are incredible compared to the eris

18. SprintFun

Manufacturers change their providers all the time. In fact, the Evo will feature Amtel power touch capacity - a switch that HTC is making for the first time with the Evo. Who's to say that HTC doesn't want a different screen on this and later devices? As far as the N1, it is currently on the N1 order site that Verizon is coming soon and Sprint has announced it will carry the N1 - its only a matter of time.

19. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

anything

20. SprintFun

No he has a guy "Dan" who works for Sprint I believe. He himself is in college (I think).

21. SprintFun

Updated with all of the corrections :D

22. Autosuggestion

I guess maybe we're both right?

23. Camslam

Did some checking and here is some info on the screens:

----------------------------------------------

AM OLED, but what is it and what does it mean for you?

OLED, also known as LEP (light emitting polymer), is a screen made up of small dots of organic polymers that, when charged with electricity, emit light. The advantage of OLED displays are that they are generally brighter, have a better colour gamut (numbers of colours that can be accurately displayed at same time), have better contrast ratio, have a better response time, have better viewing angles and use less power. In contrast to traditional TFT LCD displays they do not require a back light.

AM OLED is a technology that combines the active matrix back plane, from a traditional TFT screen, with an OLED display. AM OLED displays, because of their active matrix nature, are quicker to switch pixels and thus give better performance for fast moving, on-screen changes such as animation and video.

What this means is:
    • Reduced power consumption. In normal uses cases AM OLED requires 30-40% less power than a LCD screen. The power used is related to what is shown on the screen - the darker the screen the less power is used, conversely a predominantly white screen will use more power.
    • A better contrast ratio (ratio of the luminance of the brightest color, white, to that of the darkest color, black). Roughly 1:1300 compared to 1:500. Black is truly black on an AM OLED screen as there is no back-light and therefore no 'light-leakage'.
    • A better viewing angle - around 180

kwaping and SprintFun like this.
  24. SprintFun

Thanks for that - informative.

25. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

While they change screens they do it across all lines usually as a cost savings. I would seriously doubt HTC would put a screen inferior to the N1 in the incredible. Because there are no discounts on the N1 and sense you can not put a CDMA phone on an account like a GSM phone I don't see the point in CDMA N1s. It's not like you can get an N1 then switch between Sprint, Verizon or US Cellular. The only locked GSM provider I've seen is Tracfone because they don't have a network, they only use other people's networks.