• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"True" Multitasking

ruggerxpunk

Jun 3, 2010
I just wanted to point out to anyone who might not have realized it, that if you hold down the "Home" button on the bottom left of your phone, it gives you the last six programs you've used and is the absolute quickest way to switch between apps.

I used to always go back to the actual home screen to switch before I discovered this.

Hellooooo increased efficiency!

Not true multitasking compared to Windows Mobile. It doesn't save state when you switch apps. For instance if you are in a contact and switch back or in the middle of composing an email switching away loses the state. You lose the email and lose the contact position you were viewing. Very iPhone-ish. Some apps retain state while others don't. Silly that the stock apps don't

Upvote 0
Not true multitasking compared to Windows Mobile. It doesn't save state when you switch apps. For instance if you are in a contact and switch back or in the middle of composing an email switching away loses the state. You lose the email and lose the contact position you were viewing. Very iPhone-ish. Some apps retain state while others don't. Silly that the stock apps don't

I'n pretty sure you are incorrect. If I have a text or email being composed and I switch to another app and switch back, my partially entered text/email is still there waiting for me.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Gonna have to agree with Seattle. browsing the net and listening to music then switching to a text but Oops crappy song lets switch back to music after typing a two page text or email, and when you switch back the partially finished text is still there. very non iphone ish.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
want to hear something awesome? yesterday I had to be somewhere, but it was during the germany soccer game, so I wanted to play with some multi tasking...i watched the soccer game via vcast videos, listened to pandora, AND used the google map navigation, and it worked flawlessly! Didn't miss the game, heard some good tunes, and got to where I was suppose to be on time. :) Droid Does!

Reactions: dscribe
Upvote 0
want to hear something awesome? yesterday I had to be somewhere, but it was during the germany soccer game, so I wanted to play with some multi tasking...i watched the soccer game via vcast videos, listened to pandora, AND used the google map navigation, and it worked flawlessly! Didn't miss the game, heard some good tunes, and got to where I was suppose to be on time. :) Droid Does!

That's what I'M Talkin' bout!!! BooYah!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones