• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root true overclock widget?

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
is there a REAL overclocking tool available? along with Overclockwidget i tried possibly half a dozen other so-called 'overclocking' apps but they don't really do more than allow you to set the speed and the max is well below the real speed possible (800MHz). the device is horridly slow with the default (automatic demand cycling) and while the apps i tried disable that and keep the speed the same, many don't even go above 500MHz and none actually allow you to overclock the CPU beyond its rated speed. as cheap as these tablets are and the fact i keep backups i want to be able to truly overclock the device even if i end up bricking it.

is there a REAL overclocking tool available? along with Overclockwidget i tried possibly half a dozen other so-called 'overclocking' apps but they don't really do more than allow you to set the speed and the max is well below the real speed possible (800MHz). the device is horridly slow with the default (automatic demand cycling) and while the apps i tried disable that and keep the speed the same, many don't even go above 500MHz and none actually allow you to overclock the CPU beyond its rated speed. as cheap as these tablets are and the fact i keep backups i want to be able to truly overclock the device even if i end up bricking it.

You can't overclock without a custom kernal.

I will be posting some stuff when I get a chance but for now check the "good news" thread I made.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones