1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

True waterproof cases for outdoor sports

1. AStav

AStav New Member

Hey all.

I'm looking for a true waterproof, hard and compact Desire case. My case in point being;

I kayak and cycle.

If I kayak, throw the phone into the Peli case, stash in kayak, no problem.

For cycling; I'm using Sports Tracker Pro app with Zypher HxM BT bioharness while riding road and some MTB for stats, GPS tracking, speed, heart rate, breathing rate etc etc..... What I'd like would be for my Desire to be attached as a dashboard, rather then stowed in a small drybag in my back pocket where it has a couple of issues with BT connection to the HxM. As I ride in all weathers, waterproof has to mean waterproof, not the odd splash. If I'm riding for long distances and getting cought in showers/storms, I'm not going to be stop/starting to remove/replace with wet hands. Small or compact means attaching to a 100mm stem and tight drop handlebars. I am a roady, I go fast, therefore a tough case rather than a flappy Aquabag is needed.

The closest I've seen is a iDry for the iPhone 3GS, which is similar in size (I've contacted the seller to see if there is space for the Desire). Are there any alternatives that are truly dry, compact, and still allowing the screen to be visible?

iDry ref; The iDry Waterproof iPhone Case ? The Super iPhone Gadget

or eBay; iDry Waterproof Phone Case Cover for iPhone 3G 3GS 4 on eBay (end time 15-Feb-11 17:05:32 GMT)

Advertisement
  2. pmclark75

pmclark75 New Member

Have you seen the Defender case from OtterBox? I have it and it keeps a few splashes out plus you basically can't break it. Then I bought an otterBox box to keep in the boat. It all went overboard but the drybox floats plus i have cash/card and smokes in there too!