1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

truncated emails

Last Updated:

1. jwbruce

jwbruce New Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I got hers and his Moto Droids last friday. I replaced my Treo and she replaced her Crackberry. So far, we are really enjoying going Droid. :)

But one little problem.... Using the standard email app on my Droid, emails longer than about 1.5 screens get truncated with a ... I don't see anyway to tell Droid to download the entire message or any settings to that effect. My wife's Droid displays emails that go on for dozens of screens. No truncation at all. Why the difference? Is there a setting somewhere that I missed? I need to read the end of my emails.

Thanks.
    jw

PS: Both of our email accounts are linked in via Exchange Servers.
    Although, our mail servers are not the same.

Advertisement
  2. chakram88

chakram88 Member

Do you by chance connect to a Zimbra mail server (through Exchange?)

See this thread on the Motorola forums:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/70890

But also reports of Zimbra fixing the issue in 6.0.4

3. Menagerie

Menagerie New Member

I am a total newbie in all respects ... went from being someone without even the most basic cell phone to the new, proud owner of a Droid. I am going very slowly,basically trying to figure out how to do things that I would normally do on my computer. I've never even participated in a discussion thread, so I don't know what I'm doing here either!

Anyway, although I have hundreds of questions, my first one involves this "truncating" problem with emailing (in fact, I actually searched "truncating emails" and immediately found this thread!).

I don't understand the one response you got but I thought you might have solved your own problem ... can you read the original emails in their entirety yet?!! I don't know how to bookmark theads yet, so if you CAN help me, please respond to menagerie16@gmail.com. thank you!!

4. Menagerie

Menagerie New Member

I am a total newbie in all respects ... went from being someone without even the most basic cell phone to the new, proud owner of a Droid. I am going very slowly,basically trying to figure out how to do things that I would normally do on my computer. I've never even participated in a discussion thread, so I don't know what I'm doing here either!

Anyway, although I have hundreds of questions, my first one involves this "truncating" problem with emailing (in fact, I actually searched "truncating emails" and immediately found this thread!).

I don't understand the one response you got but I thought you might have solved your own problem ... can you read the original emails in their entirety yet?!! I don't know how to bookmark theads yet, so if you CAN help me, please respond to menagerie16@gmail.com. thank you!!

5. CarolStreetman

CarolStreetman New Member

On the Motorola Droid2, looking at the list of emails before you open any of them, there's a little number in parenthesis right after the list of addressees. Turns out that this number is the count of emails on the thread of replies back and forth. And when you open the email, just below the subject line is a thin little line saying "x read messages" where x is the number of previous emails. Touch this little thin line and all the previous emails open up and you can read them in full.