• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Trusty" old OV

tcat007

Android Expert
Jan 31, 2011
Texas
Lots of odd things started happening today, 1st problems in more than a year (and I seldom use it). Keyboard entries (Swype or Android) don't register in fields. Scrolling wallpaper stopped scrolling. Amazon App store real slow if not dead. Browser works (if you don't have to enter anything with a keyboard). Phone calls stopped working. Hate to factory reset, but looking likely. I'm rooted... can I reset rooted? Any suggestions before I go for that?

Lots of odd things started happening today, 1st problems in more than a year (and I seldom use it). Keyboard entries (Swype or Android) don't register in fields. Scrolling wallpaper stopped scrolling. Amazon App store real slow if not dead. Browser works (if you don't have to enter anything with a keyboard). Phone calls stopped working. Hate to factory reset, but looking likely. I'm rooted... can I reset rooted? Any suggestions before I go for that?

Well I'm not sure what's up with your phone but I wouldn't factory reset and lose root, I would install a custom recovery and flash a custom rom. I would get titanium backup or mybackuproot to backup apps first.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I deleted dalvik cache, switched launchers from GO to Holo (though GO was getting way to bloated and too many ads), went to an earlier Playstore version, rebooted a couple times, and things seem to working again. Only thing that's acting odd is Amazon Appstore is real slow.

Upvote 0
I think it was just bloated with GO Launcher crap. I uninstalled it and installed ssLauncher which I am using on my Nexus7, and things are much smoother! Here's my new home page with ssLauncher:

Elecont weather widget, Favorites folder, Gmail unread count
ss-Date/Time, Settings, ss-Battery status, Widgetsoid.
Press the phone booth for dialer.

ov%2C%20home.png

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones