Try the DSP EQ Setting along with BeatsTips

Last Updated: 2011-12-21 00:29:10
  1. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

a lot of custom roms that i used on my DroidX had dsp manager in it. I liked it better than Beats as well.
  3. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

Do you need to be rooted to use DSP Manager? Does it work on other phones?
  4. hjoneshjones

hjoneshjones Well-Known Member

No root needed
  5. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Wow, it does add to the quality. Thanks that was easy.
  6. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Do you need to download onto a computer then put it on the phone? Tried to dl on the phone and can't open it. Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob.
  7. cannadroid6203

cannadroid6203 Active Member

I love it. The sound quality is greatly improved. I've noticed it softens the bass just a bit over the mids and highs, which is nice since with beats alone the bass line in some songs could be a little overbearing...

I did notice someone saying on the xda pages not to mix EQ's. Anyone know why this is? Am I risking damage to the earbuds?

EDIT:

Found these settings on the 3rd page (post #24) and I like them much better. Give them a shot. I may lower the treble a bit, but that's probably all I'd do. See attached screen shots...

Try getting a file manager like Astro from the market and checking the "downloads" tab, you will be able to find the file that way, from there is an option to install it. You also need to allow installation of third party applications.

To do this you go into settings, application settings, then check "allow unknown sources". This will allow you to install .apk files (third party apps).

Attached Files:

nynvolt likes this.
  8. BlueSnake01

BlueSnake01 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info but I prefer PowerAMP, has its own EQ settings and its a sweet player. Beats with PowerAMP = HEAVEN for my EARS!! You can also save the EQ settings, make your own for Rap, Rock, etc for those who haven't tried it.
  9. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on this, I messed around and got a nicer (to my ears) more even sound thats not so bottom end oriented.