Trying out my first Droid

Last Updated:

1. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

I have been an iPhone user since the day they were first released. Currently I have a iPhone 4, but I don't like it in stock form. It is only useful to me after it has been jailbroken. And with the delay of waiting for the new jailbreak I have been thinking about finding a phone that suits me without having to be 'hacked'.

So I have been trying a Sprint EVO for the last week and am still on the fence. Having issues getting the battery life sorted so it lasts more then 4-6 hours. Also trying to accept that even though google makes the OS, thier Gmail client blows. (How is that even possible?!?) But I like that size, even though at first I thought it would be too big. Also it does do just what I want it to do, which is basically multi-tasking and notifications that right way (as compared to the Steve Jobs way)

So I will keep playing with no more then 20 days and figure out if it is for me.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome!

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)

5. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting more happy with the EVO every day. I gots SetCPU on there and that really seemed to help with my battery life. Still undecided on which phone works better for me. They both have good and bad (or sometimes awful) points. I just need to figure out which ones I can live with.

6. harukasan73

harukasan73 Well-Known Member

Hello! I baked you a strawberry muffin! I have an EVO too, and I love it... no problems with my battery... My rules: If I am not using something turn it off. Like at home, I turn off the GPS, and the 3G, since I dont usually go into a 4G area, mine is always off... I usually have the wi-fi on all day, but I turned off the notify me when there is wifi nearby. I just tell it to search for wifi when I get to where I am going. If you arent using the wifi at home, turn it off. Set your screen to time-out at 1 minute or less. I charge my phone at night, and take it off at 5am... it usually lasts until 9pm or so! Really! and I use mine alot. Hope that helps! Take care!