Trying to convert animated gifs to png for wallpaper/bootanimation need help pls

Last Updated:

1. virodeath

virodeath Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have several animated gif's I had converted over to png's with Fireworks 8 but when I place the frames in the folders part0 & part1 then use the developer SDK software and upload the bootanimation.zip files they will not work. I have other bootanimation.zip that work but I can't figure out what the difference is.

The properties of the png's seem to be the same (256x256 / hor. & vert. res. 71dpi / bit depth 32) seems to be the same as the working bootanimations but they don't work.

Any ideas?

Also can anyone point me to links explaining how to make live wallpapers and how to get them into the Motorola Droid?

P.S.

If I can get these animations working I will upload them for everyone.

Viro

Advertisement
  2. virodeath

virodeath Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone?

3. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Have you tried to just manually replace the bootanimation in rootexplorer? That is how I did it.

Did you rezip the bootanimation after you altered it?

4. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I would like to know this myself...I am planning on doing a Lakers boot ani and my first thought is to copy/paste pics into each frame of an already working boot animation. I may try tonight, so I'll let you know if that works...

5. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member