1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to customize dock icons, not going well

Last Updated:

1. jbirdsf

jbirdsf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running launcherpro and I want to customize my dock icons which I had previously removed (minimalist here) so it would be blank. Now I want to use the dock again for some nice text icons I found but when I add them to the dock they do nothing when pressed. How do I re-designate the function for these custom icons?

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Press and hold the icon, a menu pops up.

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Or try ADW, where you simply drag and drop the icon into the spot of your choice

4. bgchz

bgchz New Member

when you hit long-press on the icon space, hit change shortcut... you'll probably have to re-select your custom icon though..

5. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member

stick with it, it will make sense. i am finding the possibilities are really great.

If you want to keep them blank ( I am also a minimalist :) ) I assume you know you can just leave them blank and add swipe gestures instead of icons. It looks really cool and has a slick secretive element to it. The only reason to add both icons and swipe gestures is if you want more than the 5 functions you can assign to the swiping. At any rate long press the spot you want to configure and follow the menu prompts. You only need to assign the function you want once (i.e launch app, shortcut, etc) and then you can separately change the icon again and again, as much as you like until you are satisfied. Just long press again and choose change icon.