Trying to decide on a rom, after Unrevoke3 root.

Last Updated:

1. Imarc4G

Imarc4G Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I did the Unrevoked3 last night. I have rom manager, and flash the Clockworkmod recovery. But now I'm trying to decide which romshould I install.

I see, Bugless Beast, Fresh, RVU, Damage Control, OmJ and Joeykrim.

Which one should I use? Which one do guys like?

Help, please I see that a lot of people use Damage Control, what's so good about it? I would like to do the install by just using Rom Manager, with out PC.

I will appreciate any feedback.

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I'm using Fresh as of this afternoon but that I believe requires RA and not Clockwork for your recovery. Still, it looks like we may see Cyanogen's Evo port of Froyo tonight or tomorrow so you may want to wait...

...or do what I did and learn the process with another ROM of your choice so that you learn all of the ins and outs, then just use that for a day or so until Cyanogen comes out. I'll probably use that for a while.

3. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I agree, I started off with the stock rooted ROM to get a handle on how things work...using UR3 and Clockwork. With being able to see the process in front of me, made things a lot better. The only issue I had, was restoring my data using Titanium. It took forever...so I just reloaded my apps through app brain and did a restore data only via Titanium.

4. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i'm not sure which recovery i have (it's def not clockwork) but i was on a stock ROM, then went to Fresh. it was unstable with some FC's and not recognizing my sd card. i put a new kernel on it and things seem to be okay. but i'm about to go to the Baked ROM just to see how snappy this thing can get. the FPS fix makes our phones look soooooooo snappy. the guys over at xda are brilliant.

5. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I want to give that FPS a try, since I don't use the HDMI out. Was it a pretty straight forward install? I was over at XDA this weekend looking at the zip for it, but wasn't really clear on which one to use and frankly, how to do it. Still a rookie at this.

6. hodedofome

hodedofome Well-Known Member

Yeah if it's not already out there, a brief comparison of the different roms would be awesome. Basically just the goals each rom is trying to achieve.

7. Imarc4G

Imarc4G Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I install custom roms, using rom manager, while I'm using unrevoked 3. I ask, since this is not fully rooted, right?

8. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

I went with fresh using rom manager and I was unrevoked 3 just before. Very easy to do. I tryed to Download Damage control after being rooted with unrevoked3 using rom manager, and that 1 is not working.