• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to do a backup through ROM Manager but I'm unable to

Bobby9

May 16, 2010
So I get a picture of the Android dude and a triangle! and the following message:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.0.1.3

I did the root method and then used the unrEVOked tool to put on the ClockworkMod. Any ideas on what I should do? I was able to do a back up through nandroid the "manual" way I guess.

I still believe I'm not able to install the new ROM though.

Which new rom? The Cyanogen rom that shows in rom manager?

You might need the premium version of Rom Manager to install from within but I'm not sure. All the kernels I've flashed by going into rom manager and selecting "boot into recovery" then I just flashed the kernels via the clockwork recovery menu. I have not installed a custom rom yet just kernels. You can just download the rom zip file on your pc and put it on the root of your sd. Then boot into recovery and select "install zip from sdcard" then select the proper zip and it should install. reboot and your good. Be sure you have a nandroid backup always.

Upvote 0
Which new rom? The Cyanogen rom that shows in rom manager?

You might need the premium version of Rom Manager to install from within but I'm not sure. All the kernels I've flashed by going into rom manager and selecting "boot into recovery" then I just flashed the kernels via the clockwork recovery menu. I have not installed a custom rom yet just kernels. You can just download the rom zip file on your pc and put it on the root of your sd. Then boot into recovery and select "install zip from sdcard" then select the proper zip and it should install. reboot and your good. Be sure you have a nandroid backup always.

this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones