• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to figure things out

FramCire

Android Expert
Jun 4, 2010
I have been reluctant to root but my friend just rooted his T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant. Now he is bugging me to root. I am interested but have no idea what I am doing. I looked around but there is too much info and not a good "Rooting for dummies" type thread.

Anyone willing to link (to a thread I didnt see) or share to help me out.

I need some pro and cons of different ROMs.

How to root for semi-dummies (my buddy will help me through. I am not an idiot, but he is semisavvy rooter.)

For me, I am looking for better battery life and performance. I use Launcher Pro Plus and Goto.

Sorry to ask what I assume has been asked a million times, but I had thought there would be a thread like this tacked up top.

(I have an HTC Incredible.... edit to add)

There is a sticky up top posted by woop.

I used this guide and this guide to do mine. I spent a weekend reading and learning about it then away I went. It's not difficult at all take your time and know what your doing before you do it and your good to go ;)

Thank you for helping out a total moron. How I missed that sticky is unknown to me and probably will never be figured out.

I would love to claim to be new around here, colorblind, blind, asleep, sick, or tired...... none of which are true. I am just that dumb. (note to those ready to tell me that a total moron should not root, I like to think I am not that dumb and I do have a friend who is rooted who will help me walk through).

Now, if anyone has any thoughts or tips to add, I would appreciate it.

So much information to go through and too little brain power!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones