Trying to find Calendar App to Limit Notification

Last Updated: 2011-01-28 20:46:31
  1. Mikel102018

Mikel102018 New Member

I am trying to discover an app that will allow me to have multiple calendars visible but only produce notifications for select ones.

The issue I am having is I have my work, my personal and then family calendars linked to my Google Calendar. I want to be able to see all three calendars but don

Advertisement
  2. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

I don't see a complete solution to your problem, but one idea is to use two calendar apps simultaneously, using one for notifications only and the other for all other functionality.

Gemini calendar, in particular, can manage its own notifications independently, so it is a good candidate for managing your notifications. You would just need toggle access to some of your calendars in Gemini when you arrive at your office and when you leave.

Maybe you could automate this toggling using software such as Tasker or Locale.
  3. Eusibius2

Eusibius2 Well-Known Member

In Google Calendars (via the web), you can create multiple Calendars using the same gmail account. This is what I have done and seems to fit your needs:

- Calendar A: private calandar, not shared, default reminder at 10 minutes
    - Calendar B: Work Calendar, shared with wife, default reminder is 24 hours
    - Calendar C: Kids Sport calendar, shared with wife and son, default reminder is set to 2 hours.
    - Calendar D: National Holiday schedule (from Google). No reminders, not shared, but we all have it loaded.

In theory, this all works really well. All 4 calendars get their own defaults, I see my private calendar, my wife or I can change the sports cal, etc... and each calendar has it's own color (red, blue, yellow, and green).

I'm also have-ing some sync issues though. And in the spirit of not high-jacking your thread, I'm bringing my issues to another similar thread, but wanted you to know there is a solution to your problem.

Cheers!