Trying to find the 670zv9 update and failing at itSupport

Last Updated:

1. GrindyMcGrindy

GrindyMcGrindy New Member

I'm a new VM customer that got an Optimus V after seeing people saying they love this phone on here. The price was right from and I was like I'll go with it after considering the elite. The phone came with zv5 installed and I'm trying to update the phone, but I just can't find a download link.

So can someone either explain it to me like the clueless person I am or be kind enough to link me to the resource page at least?

2. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

You're probably better off with zv5. I think people have reported little to no improvement. zv4 might be worth upgrading but I haven't upgraded mine yet because it's a big hassle for a small gain.
    GrindyMcGrindy likes this.
  3. GrindyMcGrindy

GrindyMcGrindy New Member

Hmm.. I guess I'll take your advice into consideration if people aren't getting much improvement rather than waste my time trying to find a link to the update.
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href=" Contributor

If you still decide to upgrade go to the All Things Root Guide sticky in the All things Root sub-form. [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update: Step by step.
  5. cole2kb

cole2kb Member

It isn't really a big hassle, but it will be completely ymmv. Don't expect any improvement because you may see none. Personally, it did wonders for me.

I know people are having trouble finding it, I'll upload it when I get home.
  6. CuriousNoob

CuriousNoob Well-Known Member

I got better reception with it. :D
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

My GPS also locks on lightening fast now, too.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  8. duvallite

duvallite VIP Member VIP Member

I might want to try this update. Where do I check on my phone to see what I currently have? I got my phone when they first came out.
  9. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

duvallite likes this.
  10. duvallite

duvallite VIP Member VIP Member

11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

There has been reports of reboots during text sends. But otherwise I've not heard of anything. This is not to say that there hasn't been other oddities reported on the other Android forum sites.

As with any type of big change you make to your phone, I find it's best to research as much as you can.
  12. mishmosh2000

mishmosh2000 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I wondered where that glitch was coming from. Couldn't figure out if it was a bad wipe, the rom or something else.
  13. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Well-Known Member

That issue has been solved with new kernels.
  14. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

It states that in the link I posted. I'm sure mishmosh read it.
  15. happyboy7

happyboy7 Member

Very strange, under Baseband Version on my phone it says unknown. I'm running Backside IHO. Haven't had any issues except I get very poor service where I live.
  16. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

I'm doing good with zv9