• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to get into Recovery to flash new ROM

koager

Sep 1, 2011
I had decided to upgrade my phone to CM 7.2 but forgot the reason why I never went up was because the in call sound was broken. I fixed my baseband issue so now my phone is working properly again. It's back on stock with 2.3.4 Android though. Now I want to upgrade to the EB ICS 4.04 but I can't seem to get the phone to go into Recovery mode properly.
I have my phone rooted. Checked in terminal with su and got the # back.
When I try to reboot to recovery through ROM Manager, instead of the screen with the text and options that I'm used to it gives me the screen with the box and the android as if it's installing something. However there's no loading bar underneath so nothing actually happens.
If I try to load into recovery from shutdown by holding the power + volume down, the phone gives me the same screen with the box and android but this time with the proper loading bar and it reinstalls the 2.3.4 that I already have on my phone.
If I try to install the zip from the SDcard through ROM Manager, I get the same issue with the screen of the box and the android but no loading bar.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Update: I got it to work and installed the EB 4.04 but I guess something didn't work well so now I have a different issue of it being stuck on boot loop. It goes past the LG logo and loads up the EB logo but then the phone shuts itself down. If I do the power + volume down, it gives the screen with the box and the android and reinstalls the ROM I suppose, but the I get the same issue of the phone turning off after the EB logo.
I'm sure the ROM works since I had it on earlier but I had to reflash the phone as I didn't have the correct baseband yet then.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones