Trying to get itunes songs onto Desire and struggling.

Last Updated:

1. binka

binka New Member This Topic's Starter

Would appreciate some help please.

I've (eventually) downloaded HTC Sync. Also downloaed DoubleTwist. Doubletwist doesn't seem to do anything apart from come with a few songs of its own which I can click on and play.

I can connect phone to laptop with usb cable and the pc does now recgonise the phone. When I connect the phone to the pc I make sure that the connection type is "disc drive".

I've been trying to follow the instructions on the link below but I don't get the first box where I should get the option to select "mount" so I can copy files

How to sync the HTC Desire with iTunes - Know Your Cell

:confused:

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

get iSyncR sweet and simple. doubletwist takes ages and is unreliable when finding playlists

3. gazbea

gazbea Member

I've been using itunes agent. Nice and simple and integrates in to itunes too

4. balders

balders Well-Known Member

Played around with double twist and found it to buggy and slow.

Also tried Tunesync, wireless playlist syncing. Good idea in principal but it kept shutting down and it might wake a while to send it over.

I'm using iSyncR now and that seems to be the best so far. Really simple and excellent comms with the developer. Just make sure you have an Album Artist listed for a compilation.

5. SJamG

SJamG Well-Known Member

I had tried DoubleTwist and also found it really slow and kept crashing on me :(

I have resorted to moving the songs manually using Finder. I will be installing iSyncR as soon as I get home.

Thanks for the tip.

6. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

Might also want to try itunessync - works with any usb drive/mp3/phone you plugin and is one click sync of your library and all your playlists

7. photek1000

photek1000 Well-Known Member

Personally I can't stand playlists, I just want albums on my phone, I use doubletwist on the PC not the the phone app, it finds all the music in my music folder and then I simply drag and drop the albums I want to my phone from doubletwist.

To be honest it really couldn't be made any easier.

8. balders

balders Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about wanting just albums, i'm the same.

From what I can see, with isyncr, playlists make it easier to update and sync what you want to listen to from your computer to your phone.

9. gazbea

gazbea Member

I had a look at DoubleTwist too and find it to be a PITA! Doesn't want to do stuff in a nice and simple way. Like I said before, I've been using iTunes Agent and I've not had an issue with it at all. It syncs a playlist to a selected folder and creates a marker file. It then uses this marker file to recognise the device and settings. Simply drag your albums to this playlist and it will sync them with a right-click and choose Synchronise. Thw files will then be copied to the Desire in an iTunes hierarchy folder structure (Artist\Album\Song).

10. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

I use isyncr the paid version and have got over 8gb of music from my itunes account now on my desire.
    I also use 3 ( three ) music player and it has found every single album cover :)

11. DroidPete

DroidPete Active Member

I used iTunes sync after asking the same question, find it better than doubletwist, tbh.
    Load up iTunes, load iTunes sync and then add your device (does any phone/MP3 player/USB, etc) and tell it what to sync (i.e. all (library) or set playlists).
    Album covers was another issue I came across, Album Art Grabber is a nice app that fills missing artwork (really accurate too) and displays on all media players (including the stock one, big plus for me) - small price, but worth it.

12. Rotormaster

Rotormaster Well-Known Member

Wait, you can actually sync songs from itunes onto desire? Will this work on mac or need be pc? if someone could please confirm this to me. This sounds great!

13. sudkcoce

sudkcoce Well-Known Member

Why don't you just drag and drop files from iTunes to the Desire via usb connection?

The way I put my playlists to desire is the following:
    1) Create folder on desire with the name of the playlist
    2) Select playlist in iTunes
    3) Select all songs (cmd+a)
    4) Drop the files from iTunes to the folder

You don't really need to do any syncing at all...

Hope this helps somebody.