• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trying to get recovery img

dmullins80

Mar 26, 2010
10. You can test to make sure everything is working by going to a command prompt, go to the \tools\ directory of the Android SDK, and type: "adb shell". If you see a "$" (or "#" if you're already rooted) sign you're good.

i can't figure that out. can someone help? what is directory of the android sdk? i think i know but im now sure. i did everything on the android sdk tutorial but it seems i was just doing it on my computer and not my phone. how do i know if it went on my phone? and how do i put it on my phone if i didnt do it. am i suppose to sync it of just connect it. do i have to drag anything to my sd card/ please help! im stuck

i want to be able to flash roms. is this how i have to do it?

10. You can test to make sure everything is working by going to a command prompt, go to the \tools\ directory of the Android SDK, and type: "adb shell". If you see a "$" (or "#" if you're already rooted) sign you're good.

i can't figure that out. can someone help? what is directory of the android sdk? i think i know but im now sure. i did everything on the android sdk tutorial but it seems i was just doing it on my computer and not my phone. how do i know if it went on my phone? and how do i put it on my phone if i didnt do it. am i suppose to sync it of just connect it. do i have to drag anything to my sd card/ please help! im stuck

i want to be able to flash roms. is this how i have to do it?

Open a cmd window (run->cmd) and go to your androidsdk tools folder. Mine is named AndroidSDK. Be like cd c:\androidsdk\tools\ Once in that folder you do those commands that you said.

Plugin your eris to the computer via usb and hit mount so that you can put the files the directions says into the correct locations. Root of the SD card means where all the folders are listed when you first click on it. After you transfer the files it says to in the directions make sure you unmount your sd card.

Side note: If you dont have basic understanding of cmd line or linux(i have none, but learned very quickly through google) I would prob stay away from root. You may get into trouble and not know how to fix it and brick your phone. Just my 2 cents. Dont wanna sound like an ass but also dont want you to break your phone.

Upvote 0
Thank Droid. Didn't really know much about. But I figured put pretty quick. Not to hard to do. Now i want to figure out how to use the super user permission screen. Thanks again

What you mean super user screen? Like when it asks if you want to allow or not? If so, the apps that I use that need su, like wireless tether, I have put always allow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones