• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to get replacement after getting bricked has been a nightmare

grosey

Lurker
Apr 28, 2010
I was bricked because of the software update on Monday. I had originally purchased my Evo from Best Buy and was told by Sprint to go there to exchange it. None of my local Best Buys has it, so on Monday Best Buy requested one from one of its stores about three hours away. As of today, the phone has not arrived, so I went to a Sprint store located across the street from the Best Buy where I originally purchased it. They would not exchange it, nor would they sell me a new one because it was not a new activation. Finally, I called Sprint and they are sending me a new one for the $199 price and they told me to just return the broken one to Best Buy and get a refund. My new phone from Sprint should arrive this Monday, which means I will have been without the phone for a week due to a software crash not of my own doing, a retailer (Best Buy) who has none in stock and does not seem to know when they will get one, and Sprint Stores (sales and corporate ones) that would not help me because I did not purchase the phone from one of its stores. I was basically in a black hole with no where to turn. The Sprint rep on the phone said that sending me a phone is a highly unusual resolution to the problem but given the nature of the situation they would do it.

I really could have used the phone on my business trip this week. To add insult to injury: the driver from the car service who drove me to a couple of meetings had an Evo!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones