Trying to get the Samsung SHW-M110S Galaxy S working on US AT&TSupport

1. changh20

changh20 New Member

Hey
    I recently got an android phone, the Samsung SHW-M110S Galaxy S, as a gift from Korea. In order to use it in the US, I got a data plan with AT&T because verizon (provider I had before) doesn't use sim cards. After I put in the AT&T sim card the phone feature works. After setting up a new APN, I was able to get internet working, except instead of a 3G icon, my icon simply says G, I'm not sure if this is actually an issue. However, I've been having difficulty sending SMS text messages.
    I've tried talking to AT&T tech support but when I tell them I don't have an AT&T branded phone they're reluctant to help =/ I would really like to use all the features on the phone so any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Awais

Awais Member

for sms try

handcent or chomp
  3. ndpark

ndpark New Member

Did you ever get 3G to work on AT&T? I know this thread is 2 years old, but I'm about to get the SHW-M110S sent from Korea to the US also, and I am kind of scared it's not going to work.

Please share your wisdom! I cant find anything else about this online.
  4. ndpark

ndpark New Member

Did you ever get 3G to work on AT&T? I know this thread is 2 years old, but I'm about to get the SHW-M110S sent from Korea to the US also, and I am kind of scared it's not going to work.

Please share your wisdom! I cant find anything else about this online.
  5. xsenman

xsenman Well-Known Member

not sure If this will work in US, but I can give you help in hidden settings menu to change network settings . I just posted concerning this today on XDA [SHW-m110s] Korean Anycall Galaxy S, Thread/FAQ/ReadMe/Discussion/Questions - Page 437 - xda-developers