Trying to go back to Stock

Last Updated:

1. Nicks523

Nicks523 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

I am looking for a little help for a problem that I could not find anyone else had on the forum. I recently purchased a Droid on Ebay that came preinstalled with 2.1 on it. So far the droid has worked fine but I am looking to go back to stock so that I can root the phone myself and install custom ROMs

Now one detail that I am not sure if it will cause a problem is that the phone did not come with the original SD card. As of right now I have a 8 GB card in the phone that came with my storm. This whole thing with a different SD card has me unsure or how to go about unrooting the phone back to stock. I tried following this video YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to UNROOT your device - The EASY way! but I could not boot the phone into recovery mode. The step that I got up to was putting the unroot_update.zip onto the root of the SD card. When I try to boot up phone into recovery mode by holding X and the power button it doesn't seem to work. I hold both and the motorola symbol comes up but the screen goes black and nothing happens, it is almost as if it just restarts over and over, the logo just keeps coming back up.

If anyone has any ideas on how to unroot my phone or just how I should set up my SD card so that it is like the original SD card that came with the phone i would appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. thebarbrr

thebarbrr Well-Known Member

Ok...go to d r o i d m o d . o r g and download droidmod updater and install on your phone. Open the app and click allow. Then it will give you the option to unroot your phone or install their rom. it will download it from their servers and do all the unrooting for you. Its a dream come true. i rooted my phone and unrooted it when i had to take it to verizon for replacement. Takes like 10 minutes max. Hope it works perfect

Nicks523 likes this.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Nicks523 likes this.
  4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Yes, just use the post johnlgalt mentioned and you will be fully unrooted and completely back to stock, it is the best method IMO.

Nicks523 likes this.
  5. Nicks523

Nicks523 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies guys

So I haven't done any of these steps yet but I found out my phone is not rooted but it is running 2.1. When i bought the phone I just assumed it was rooted since it was already running 2.1, If this changes anything let me know.

If i go with the method from Johnlgalt I'm assuming that I have to reactivate the phone. Im not worried about my contacts or anything its all on my gmail account but I reactivate the phone by dialing *86 or something like that right.

6. toker11

toker11 Well-Known Member

*228 then option 1