• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trying to go from stock 2.1 to 2.2

potterdood

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
I've been rooted before and last night I was trying to go back to stock 2.2 but I must've still had the stock 2.1 file in the folder I chose from and it put my phone back @ 2.1. I'm trying to get it to stock 2.2 but when I download the file and rename it update.zip I turn off the phone, then put it in recovery mode, get past the red triangle and the ! then the blue words come up and I choose to apply update from card, then it starts and goes for a minute then it says aborted...My sd card is completely empty except for that file and I can't get it to work, someone help please, if they move this file message me, I had this same problem before and huskersmania from youtube helped me figure it out, but I'm pretty sure we cleared my sd card except for the file then it worked, now it's not working, and when I tell my phone to search for updates, it says I'm up to date...with 2.1 haha.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones