trying to install update to Cliq,device dose not see file?

1. realsickclown

realsickclown Well-Known Member

Ok so I have the downloaded the update(zipped)file to the device and is on the sd card but my device don't see it. I can find the folder unzipped in "quickoffice" under memory card. So why don't the cliq find the update file? I have 42 internal memory and lots on the sd card. Is there a youtube video of how to? I must figure this out I have 3 devices to upgrade. The idiots at tmobile just say "thats weird"

Advertisement
    :
  2. realsickclown

Does the sd card need to be unmounted (but still in phone)durring the install of data
  3. realsickclown

Ok so I have deleted re-installed the zip file and still no dice. My cliq just won't find the update (zipped) file so I have no idea on how to remedy this issue the andriod support at T-Mobile can't seem to be able figure out why it don't work . Has any body else downloaded the update off of the motorola site with any success?
  4. wormser

wormser Active Member

Double check the location of the file. It should be in the root of your SD card. Make sure you leave it zipped. Then reboot your phone and try to install it again. Just follow the Motorola directions.
  5. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Just make sure the file is in the top layer where you see it in the contents of the sd card...ie NOT in a folder.
  6. realsickclown

Yea everything looks right the phone just won't update. Like its ******ed
  7. MyNamesTooLong

Mine took just fine. Don't unmount the sd card, or unzip the file...you said the file is on the top layer; there is a picture on the moto directions link above. thats how your sd card should look more or less. All your file folders, and the update file
  8. lerryjee

lerryjee Member

I am having the same issue. I followed the instructions perfectly.
  9. MyNamesTooLong

pull the battery and try again