• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trying to put stock ROM for cyanogenmod . . . . . .

lockdo6307

Lurker
Feb 19, 2011
well I'm sorta new to the mytouch 4G. I have rooted and s is off on my phone i had put iced glacier on my phone and now want to remove it to put a stock rom on it. . . i have tried to update to cyanogenmod and it for some reason didnt work and made me upload a back up if any one can help me with the easiest way to go about this thanks

I am not sure what you mean by stock and then saying CyanogenMod. Now if you mean CM7 then I suggest first you install CWM and flash 3.0.0.5 (orange text) as you can change between 2.x (green text) and 3.x based rom's without flipping back and forth.

Then you have choice from flashing NB(Nightly Build) which is compiled and posted mostly everynight and its the current current de facto for some of us true flash addicts. Now if you want to stick to RC (Release Candidate) then you can also download the RC1 build and flash it. Keep in mind RC1 is older build from NB as it was compiled before it and NB is new and alot of things are patched and fixed regularly and its far more stable IMHO.

Or you can stick to IGv1.1.6 which is the best 2.2 build out there but far as AOSP 2.3(GB) goes CM7 is what most of us have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones