Trying to root and install custom rom on Tmobile g1...NEED HELP!!!

Last Updated:

1. alexmattgeorge

alexmattgeorge New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok...so, im really new to the root, rom world. I read instructions on how to root and install custom roms and i have to refer to google for many definitions. Basically im stuck, Ive flashed a custom recovery image from xda-developers - View Single Post - [Recovery] [15-May-2010] RA-dream-v1.7.0 (also for the Rogers Dream) after i installed RC29 by using DREAIMG.nbh. I wasnt able to install a custom radio like the directions i was using said to do and i wasnt able to install an SPL file. Both of those said that they were recommended so i didnt bother with it. I tried to install a custom rom from [ROM]TheOfficial DONUT TMO, ADP & AOSP (dream/magic)(EBI0/EBI1) [3/17/2010] -- v2.6.3 - xda-developers but im getting an error message. it says
    Install: ASOP_ADP_1-1.zip
    Press HOME to confirm,
    any other key to abort.

Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: no signature (1020 files)
    E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

Advertisement
  2. alexmattgeorge

alexmattgeorge New Member This Topic's Starter

please help!!! anything will help...i honestly dont know what the hell im doing :3

3. flight3

flight3 Active Member

Ok well first off, I don't know exactly what you have done with your phone, but since you have a recovery on your phone already, then I say that you should do a wipe and follow the cyanogen wiki instructions. They are very through.

Full Update Guide - HTC Dream - CyanogenMod Wiki

Message me if you have any other questions.