Trying to root but about to give up

Last Updated:

1. rdking

rdking Member This Topic's Starter

I can not for the life of me get the recovery image to work. I have downloaded sdk and all of the drivers but can not figure out how to get step #10 You can test to make sure everything is working by going to a command prompt, go to the \tools\ directory of the Android SDK, and type: "adb shell". If you see a "$" (or "#" if you're already rooted) sign you're good.
    How do you go to the TOOLS directory of SDK and type adb shell when I am in my tools directory I do not have a command prompt. When I open a command prompt I can not figure out how to get to where I need to be... Guess this is over my head I can build a Harley motor in my sleep but can not figure this out... Any help would be great thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb questions but I cant figure it out...

Advertisement
  2. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

open command prompt, go to your sdk directory using the command "cd" without the "". "cd .." will go back a directory. so on my computer i type "cd desktop\droids\jamey\sdk\sdk\tools" the best way is just put your sdk folder in the of C: so you would just cd to the C: and "cd sdk\tools" then run your adb shell command. let me know if u need additional help.

rdking likes this.
  3. iTech

iTech Member

On Windows XP machine you type the following in the command prompt:

cd c:\AndroidSDK\tools

if that doesn't work, do what I did and and copy the address of the file from the address bar in the my computer window and pasted it in the command prompt after the cd

cd(space)(paste address)

rdking likes this.
  4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

ECLIPS3 and rdking like this.
  5. rdking

Thanks to everyone I will try this in the morning when I get home from work.

6. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

7. rdking

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the help I got all of it done and I very pleased..

8. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Awesome! welcome to root. We think you will enjoy your stay here. :)