Trying to root my droid need help

Last Updated:

1. tsanborn79

tsanborn79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I feel i downloaded everything right and are following the steps correctly but i cant get past the bootloader.
    I download rsd lite 4.6 and the sbf file for sprecovery and the 32 bit drivers.
    I turn off my phone start it up with up and power button rsd says connected and the phone says its getting hacked, then it says recovery installed then goes to reboot and it goes right to the bootloader and doesnt reboot and then rsd says it passed but that is it.
    what am i doing wrong thanks. I redownloaded everything from different places and tried again and tried different usb ports. I didnt unzip the sbf file. I put it on a droid folder and i tried it right off the c:\, the c part gave me a failure message 07x000 or something like that. I tried google and search here but i couldnt find anything.

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Have you tried unplugging the phone and pulling the battery then turning it back on. Or have you tried turning it on while holding X on the keyboard?

3. tsanborn79

well i can get it to go back to original by pulling the battery but why isnt it taking the sbf file?

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

The sbf file only changes your recovery. To boot into recovery hold X while powering on the phone

5. tsanborn79

ok ill try that but when i watch the video thats posted its goes into a reboot after RSD and goes to the home screen, mine doesnt do that it goes back to the bootloader.
    So i will do the rsd lite see that it says recovery installed and pass, unplug it shut it down and boot into the recovery??

6. tsanborn79

ohhh by he way thanks.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

tsanborn79 likes this.
  8. tsanborn79

I wouldnt think it matters but i did the manual update not the OTA from verizon. trying at lunch ill let you know.

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

that doesnt matter at all

10. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

The updates that the rom cookers make are always better then anything VZW pushes out, at least to my experince so far. Let us know how this turns out or if you need more help.. OMJ is a well full of knowledge to dip into :)

11. tsanborn79

Hey thanks OMJ i am now rooted, i dont know why i didnt reboot like the video but it was easy and painless. A little scary when it went back to the bootloader but it works now!

12. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

good glad to hear you got it worked out