• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trying to root PC36IMG sais its outdated?

dannytech_lt

Jun 14, 2010
So im trying to root my phone and ive made a couple of threads already but while im rooting it and installing "PC36IMG" after it downloads into my phone it sais that the file is outdated or old? is htere a newer file that i dont know about?

im using the idiot proof guide and it sais it failed?
it sais "Main Version is older!" and sais it has no images?

but when i go to software information it sais kernel version 2.6 29 etc

oh boy. you have a long night ahead of you. I take it you are trying the simpleroot method. For some people, it works flawlessly and takes less than 20 minutes. It took a lot of people (like me) hours. My advice is simply to keep reading through the simpleroot thread on XDA and continue to try.

Upvote 0
I encountered the same problem that you did. Instead of reading through the 1000+ posts in that thread I simply used unrevoked3. That took 10 minutes. I then went to the gym and to starbucks. While in starbucks I downloaded ROM manager and then downloaded the "fresh rom" (downloading a rom is a menu item in rom manager). Downloading and installing took 20 minutes and most of that was due to a fairly long download time for the rom.

I'm now fully rooted and happy in 30 minutes and 10 clicks.

james

Upvote 0
wears the unrevoked3 link? ill do that than because im on 2 hoursso far of trying to do this lol

got it nevermind, im going to try it now, after i do it will i b able 2 put baked snack in?, i kno the answer is yes but ive read so much so far that i want the official answer of yes it will or no it wont

Upvote 0
I want to so it so bad especially knowing about the hacking of.it.. when I did it.to my.iPhone it.became.a.whole new device and became.so much better.. so with the evo I can only imagine how amazing it would.be but its so confusing everybody has different.links of how.to do it and different roms and stuff..

If u can explain what exactly.I do which I already pretty.much kno although nothing worked for.me ill do it but maybe ill try again next week

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones