trying to root PC36IMG sais its outdated?

Last Updated:

1. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So im trying to root my phone and ive made a couple of threads already but while im rooting it and installing "PC36IMG" after it downloads into my phone it sais that the file is outdated or old? is htere a newer file that i dont know about?

im using the idiot proof guide and it sais it failed?
    it sais "Main Version is older!" and sais it has no images?

but when i go to software information it sais kernel version 2.6 29 etc

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

oh boy. you have a long night ahead of you. I take it you are trying the simpleroot method. For some people, it works flawlessly and takes less than 20 minutes. It took a lot of people (like me) hours. My advice is simply to keep reading through the simpleroot thread on XDA and continue to try.

3. dannytech_lt

LMAOO , sorry for the threads and questions but its driving me crazy.. u did simple root?.. do u have another root tutorial i should try?.. include link ;)

4. supers2k

supers2k Active Member

5. supers2k

supers2k Active Member

6. atypical1

atypical1 Active Member

I encountered the same problem that you did. Instead of reading through the 1000+ posts in that thread I simply used unrevoked3. That took 10 minutes. I then went to the gym and to starbucks. While in starbucks I downloaded ROM manager and then downloaded the "fresh rom" (downloading a rom is a menu item in rom manager). Downloading and installing took 20 minutes and most of that was due to a fairly long download time for the rom.

I'm now fully rooted and happy in 30 minutes and 10 clicks.

james

7. dannytech_lt

wears the unrevoked3 link? ill do that than because im on 2 hoursso far of trying to do this lol

got it nevermind, im going to try it now, after i do it will i b able 2 put baked snack in?, i kno the answer is yes but ive read so much so far that i want the official answer of yes it will or no it wont

8. atypical1

atypical1 Active Member

You will be able to install it but you won't be able to use the "download ROM" option as it's not one that's currently listed. But you can save the rom to your sd card.

james

9. dannytech_lt

Honestly im done i cant do this, its way to difficult i quit , ill wait until december for the froyo 2.2 there is way 2 much involved in this

10. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

another one bites the dust

11. dannytech_lt

I want to so it so bad especially knowing about the hacking of.it.. when I did it.to my.iPhone it.became.a.whole new device and became.so much better.. so with the evo I can only imagine how amazing it would.be but its so confusing everybody has different.links of how.to do it and different roms and stuff..

If u can explain what exactly.I do which I already pretty.much kno although nothing worked for.me ill do it but maybe ill try again next week

12. atypical1

atypical1 Active Member

I bet that unrevoked3 will work for you. It's the simplest way out there to root your phone. Literally plug in your phone, chose "disc mode", install the drivers (they are included in the unrevoked package), then push the button. It's that simple.

james