Trying to set up new Gmail account

Last Updated:

1. unfazeable

unfazeable New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    i'm new here and just recently deleted my gmail account from my computer and it was the same one that was associated with my HTC Hero and now i can't go into the android market because of it. My phone has been disconnected since i havent been able to pay the bill but i'm still able to browse the internet and play games that i had downloaded from the market that require internet using the wifi connection. I created a new gmail account on my computer and i have tried to the add account on my phone using but every time is says connecting i get an error saying that they we'rent able to establish a connection to the server. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. littlesaint

littlesaint Member

I'm having the same problem. I updated to 2.1 and ever since then I have not been able to use GMail. I tried to add a new account - I switched from googlemail to gmail a few months ago so thought adding that as a second account might help.

3. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Try Google Account Reset:

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Google Apps> "Clear data">OK

This will delete the Google account details on your mobile.

NB If changing to a new Google Account you may want to transfer contacts/calendar/apps...etc, which were associated with your old Account to your new one?

To enter new details Menu Settings>Data Synchronization>Google and you'll be prompted with the set up dialogue. Enter your new account details. Hope this helps.

NB You will loose anything associated with the market if you set up a new account