Trying to update to IK4Support

Last Updated:

1. steev182

steev182 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, this is my first real post...

Anyway, my sister got annoyed at her Galaxy, so decided to swap it with my iPhone 2G, which is fine by me because I want a phone that I can sync without using iTunes, so this+banshee, is a grea thing.

However, I got reading on here and found that IK4 would give a significant improvement over the existing H8 baseband. I then thought, 'great, since it's Android, I'll be able to just use ADB to sort this out in Ubuntu'. Wrong! So I've installed virtualbox, windows xp, NPS (for the phone driver) and Odin, but when I go into Odin to update with the phone in Download mode, it is so far taking 12:00 and the only messages appearing are:

<1> Added!!!
    <1> Detected!!!

When I put it into Download (vol -, ok, power) the devices that came up were Gadget Serial and Unknown Device. It's using Gadget Serial right now, but still taking a long time, I don't really know what output in Odin to expect

Advertisement
  2. steev182

My bad, it seems that starting Odin in a mapped drive it didn't seem to work, now I've put it on my Desktop, a few extra messages appeared and it's currently on

<1> arm9boot download..

How long does this procedure usually take though?

Thanks,

Steve

3. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

Usually like 10min tops.

4. steev182

It looks like trying it from a virtual machine isn't working then, it's not bricked or anything THANK GOD but Odin didn't get past <1> arm9boot download.. for 12 minutes, so I'll have to do it at work on Tuesday. Dammit!