Trying to use a external sd card reader

Last Updated: 2013-01-28 18:01:07
  1. mudracer454

mudracer454 New Member

I am trying to use a sd card reader on my droid razr maxx. It is an otg mobile phone card reader that plugs into the micro usb port. I can not get it to recognize the reader. I am mainly just wanting to be able to view the pictures on the sd cards Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello mudracer!
    I am not familiar with that device, but can't you plug it into your computer to view the sd card contents? Or are you trying to use your phone to read other sd cards via the card reader/usb port? If so, doesn't the phone require drivers to recognize the card reader?
    Sorry if I am misunderstanding your question :)
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Might be the format of the card in your card reader, some phones can't read NTFS format, want FAT32.

Harry
  4. mudracer454

mudracer454 New Member

Thanks for the help, and yes i am trying to view the cards on my phone, i will give installing the drivers a shot.
  5. mudracer454

mudracer454 New Member

Well I tried using the link to install the drivers. I downloaded it to the phone, but the phone said cannot open file. the sd cards i am attempting to read are formatted in fat32. Any additional thoughts would be appreciatted this would really help me for my job to be able to look at the pictures on these cards on my phone. Oh and my phone is just the razr maxx not the newer hd one.
  6. idiggplants

idiggplants Active Member

7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Actually, I did read a SD card via external card reader (USB A connector) on my phone using an USB OTG cable :)

Harry