• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TSF Shell vs SPB Shell 3D

Is getting an update a good thing? Plus people have said TSF Shell is smoother, and the resizing is nice, so I can't decide. I really want to buy one of them, although TSF doesn't support the Nexus 7 nor does it show up in its market. I would also like to be able to use it for my RAZR as that has both and I would love to have one of the 3D launchers

Upvote 0
Is getting an update a good thing? Plus people have said TSF Shell is smoother, and the resizing is nice, so I can't decide. I really want to buy one of them, although TSF doesn't support the Nexus 7 nor does it show up in its market. I would also like to be able to use it for my RAZR as that has both and I would love to have one of the 3D launchers

I consider it a good thing; means the developer is fixing bugs and/or adding new features.

Upvote 0
Here is my take..

TSF: This is a totally different experience with a lot of new cool features. They don't make the phone work better really.. they just just allow the interface to look different. It's fun but not really what I liked after playing with both for a while. Not to mention TSF is expensive. Also the widgets are limited and really more annoying than anything. Sure they are fun for a little bit but after a while they get kind of annoying.

Pros: Great interface, highly customizable, very different than the norm.

Cons: Expensive, learning curve, and bland widgets.

SPB: Very nice, I use this as my daily driver. It's really easy to use even the very first time and the 3D effects really set it apart. I can't remember the price but it wasn't that much.

Pros: Beautiful, great widgets, easy to use.

Cons: Not quite as flexible as TSF, app drawer for this one will have you missing the default ICS app drawer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones