1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

TU Android Update 2.3.6

Last Updated:

1. interdpth

interdpth Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    chalkmrk, BLuFeNiX, cwgraf71 and 11 others like this.
  2. sjvirchow

sjvirchow Well-Known Member

Can that you linked to zip be flashed via CWM? (Install update from. Zip)
  3. CellBlock420

CellBlock420 Well-Known Member

So this is the update for rom users. Cool thanks guys you're da shiznit!
  4. interdpth

DO NOT USE THIS UPDATE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE CWM OR ROOT.
    I'll release a safe version tonight :)
  5. CellBlock420

CellBlock420 Well-Known Member

Oh shit really? Well I tried it and it aborted installation three times so I'm gonna delete that one and wait for the one labeled safe version.
  6. interdpth

I get off in 4 hours, I'll have the update ready to go by 5:30 CST
    powerkane, sjvirchow and bads3ctor like this.
  7. bads3ctor

bads3ctor Well-Known Member

Thanks for this and a small request....I would do it myself but I'm short 1 TU. Can you check this new update for the presence of CIQ? I'm interested in knowing if Boost is serious about getting rid of CIQ.
  8. interdpth

I don't have installed on my phone yet, but I will let you know as soon as I got it on :)
  9. panaphobic

panaphobic Member

I was wondering if anyone also receive the "over-the-air" update on the Boost Mobile Samsung Transform Ultra? I received it this morning and keep getting it popping up but I can't do the update due to my phone having the CWM installed. Is this the same update? And if it is, how can I go about installing it. CWM can't boot this for some reason.....
  10. interdpth

Once again, the one I will be releasing is CWM safe. For like the third time.
    Loota, ak47bluntz and bads3ctor like this.
  11. panaphobic

panaphobic Member

I just thought you meant it would delete CWM, not that it wouldn't work with it. That was my mistake man. :eek:

My main question though is if this happens to the same update that was pushed to my phone today or does that just happen to be coincidence?
  12. interdpth

It will be the same update, the one I will release in a few hours will be the same update, but with super user
  13. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

What does this update do exactly?
  14. powerkane

powerkane Well-Known Member

it fixes the mother F**IN TOUCH SCREEN BUG!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

not to be taken as rude just happy
    ak47bluntz and DMajor239 like this.
  15. DMajor239

Omg finally!!!!
    Looks like all of our rants did pay after all.
    ak47bluntz likes this.
  16. sr17091

sr17091 Well-Known Member

Forget the update... Interdept is back!!!! Welcome back
  17. ChoznJuan

ChoznJuan Well-Known Member

So if it only fixes the touch screen issue, why should we upgrade if we are running Bob's new kernel that is already CWM & SU friendly?? Is anything else included in the update?
    ak47bluntz likes this.
  18. DMajor239

Wait what new kernel??
  19. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

The update fixes the touch screen, updates the phone to Android 2.3.6, and hopefully removes carrier IQ but still waiting on someone to confirm the latter. I'm not sure what else yet.
  20. reapert

reapert Well-Known Member

it's a firmware and software update . not a hot fix . baseband should be alot better ( cmda and evdo should have better signal ). drivers should be trimed and stable ( the screen bug gone hopefully) . android should be cleaner ( ciq gone hopefully plus other things wait and see atm) . overall its a needed update. and if you don't want stock wait a week or two the rom dev's here will have it tweaked :] . relax and it'll be worth it
  21. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

This comment makes me wish there was a +1 funtion and not just a thanks button

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2
    smith058 likes this.
  22. 2000bravada

2000bravada New Member

Ok. New to this crap.... I did have my phone rooted and I know better than running the update without reserching it first. So now after the over the air update my phone is not rooted. Tried to reroot it and no workie Can someone help????????? :(
  23. bads3ctor

I'm sure interdpth would be glad to help you...thats what he is there for anyway!

:musicus:
    ^^^^^^^^^ There you go interdpth....I sent a response for you so you can have more time making a rooted zip and less time answering the same question for the 4th time.

Edit: Let me explain this a little better so I don't hurt anyones feelings: Interdpth is developing a rooted zip to flash with CWM that will fix all the problems with failed updates. Developing such things takes time. If you really want to help him, hit his donate button and send him a few bucks.
  24. powerkane

powerkane Well-Known Member

:eek: its 5:32 and its not done you lieeee ... no i keed i keed i know it takes time just trying to be silly
  25. bads3ctor

From the updater-script(edited for brevity):

ui_print("Removing unneeded files...");
    delete("/system/bin/iqmsd","/system/lib/libiq_client.so", "/system/lib/libiq_service.so")

But.....and this is a BIG but(pun intended)....it looks like everything has to be stock or the update will fail and leave a mess behind...as interdpth is unfortunately finding out now.....

Edit: More info....the updater-script verifies files in /system but does not flash the kernel till later:

apply_patch("EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p8:4468736:8ff468aad3df4901b506dc3ff6579487f5812aa6:4472832:fafa28534994de883c7d48df488cdb53a1a67224",
    "-", fafa28534994de883c7d48df488cdb53a1a67224, 4472832,
    8ff468aad3df4901b506dc3ff6579487f5812aa6, package_extract_file("patch/boot.img.p"));

I suppose if the /system patches are applied but that ^^^ fails, you would get a reboot into recovery so make sure you have the stock kernel flashed before you do the OTA update. I would suggest using Odin to flash back to stock recovery just to be safe but I don't know yet if that is necessary.

Edit2:
    applypatch EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p8:4472832:fafa28534994de883c7d48df488cdb53a1a67224 EMMC:/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 0e3e73ed806dcb0ec7f823846936ebe748968d38 4722688 fafa28534994de883c7d48df488cdb53a1a67224:/system/recovery-from-boot.p

Looks like it overwrites recovery no matter whats there.
    ak47bluntz, smith058 and chevanlol360 like this.