• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tune In Radio

I really dislike putting Mp3s on my phone because it's the 'same old stuff' over and over. Plus I hate tending to it and all the format changes and syncing and all that crapola. Oh crap, a new phone, etc, etc.

Just pick a station and listen. Nothing much easier.

Plus an occasional sports channel here and there.

Upvote 0
Since I travel and often am out of radio reception range, I use this app alot, it used to be choppy but I think the dev fixed that and lets you pick multiple sources of stream on some of them while some of the others has a 16 minute mp3 file that you have to refresh when it expires. I've been hearing the paid version (RadioTime) isn't as good as TuneIn because of the FC's and such.

Upvote 0
I've got good signal over 3g, but it just can't play without pausing/stopping with a stream error almost constantly. Drives me crazy. I'm starting to look for alternatives. Unless someone knows of a workaround. Pandora/Subsonic both stream for me great, and I have the same problem with a few different stations.

Upvote 0
My fave music app - I have uninstalled all others. Searching for a particular sports show or talk show works awesome and displays multiple stations (in different timezones) so you could listen on a delay and catch more of the show if desired. Great variety of music stations including lots of my locals. Works very well over 3G for me. Also can repick stream to a higher quality (not sure if selection saves).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones