• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tunee - Legit or too good to be true?

Contrary to what is stated many times in this thread, I don't believe Tunee is completely ad free. After installing Tunee, my friend and I both received pop up messages with offers that would remain in the pull down status bar until cleared. It appears as an item with a yellow "favorite" type of star icon to the far left of it OR a green plus sign. Perhaps someone else can confirm this. It doesn't really state that it's related to Tunee, though after several factory resets, this reappears with the installation of the app. So unlike many apps, where the ad will appear within the program execution, Tunee ads appear as a separate entity regardless of whether Tunee is running or not and it would be hard to relate one with the other.

View this thread as well:
http://androidforums.com/motorola-photon-4g/523676-pop-up-ads-notification-bar.html

Upvote 0
Contrary to what is stated many times in this thread, I don't believe Tunee is completely ad free. After installing Tunee, my friend and I both received pop up messages with offers that would remain in the pull down status bar until cleared. It appears as an item with a yellow "favorite" type of star icon to the far left of it OR a green plus sign. Perhaps someone else can confirm this. It doesn't really state that it's related to Tunee, though after several factory resets, this reappears with the installation of the app. So unlike many apps, where the ad will appear within the program execution, Tunee ads appear as a separate entity regardless of whether Tunee is running or not and it would be hard to relate one with the other.

View this thread as well:
http://androidforums.com/motorola-photon-4g/523676-pop-up-ads-notification-bar.html
I have been using tunee faithfully for about 6 months and yes it does use Push advertising/pop ups.But its the best app for the job (D/loading directly to your droid on the fly) So I will continue to use it,the small amount of push it sends is not really that bothersome to me and it takes less then a second to clear it.cant beat tunne.

Reactions: Parshooter
Upvote 0
I just downloaded the app and it works good so far. Can't download a lot of songs at once, but for the occasional song or 3, it's fine. There are a few artists/songs (Garth Brooks, Lakeside's Fantastic Voyage) that aren't available on Google or Amazon's MP3 that I found on Tunee. Will probably try to download a few songs an hour today and tomorrow :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones