Tuning off the optical mouse?Support

Last Updated:

1. cunning plan

cunning plan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The optical mouse is actually quite annoying. Is there a way of turning it off?

I just swipe to move screens and select on screen - I haven't yet found a use for the mouse. Usually I am on a webpage and I move my hand slightly and the screen will move to where I don't want it because of the optical mouse..

Advertisement
  2. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

Doesnt bother me all that much though i have occasionally moved screens accidentally because of it. I havent found any use for it yet either.

3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I find it quite useful within text messages when I mispell a word and what to go back to a specific place but my fat fingers won't pick that place but somewhere near, then just use the opitical mouse thingy to move to where I want it.

4. Unfriendly

Unfriendly Active Member

I think it is quite bad.. I wonder if trackball is better?

5. Android1

Android1 Well-Known Member

Same here - I think it's a waste of space. I don't think it's needed.

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I think it's needed for small tasks (as I've said above), not a majorly useful thing but you should be able to easily turn it off, then we'd have the best of both worlds and it'll be your choice which is what Android/Linux is about.

7. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

What actually irritates me about it is that it's slightly counter-intuitive. Like, if I want to go to right screen, one would think to drag over the mouse from L to R (like on the screen). Instead, it acts like a trackball... without the trackball. If the trackball was there, then that movement would make sense, but without any physical constraint, it's backwards. I often forget because I think... Hey, it's an optical trackpad...

Tim

8. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

When I got my phone Tuesday I thought it was a waste of time and tbh it was doing my head in because I kept knocking it.
    I googled to see if their was anyway of deactivating it because I found it so annoying.
    But after a few days using the phone I don't knock it anywhere near as much and it's great for going back and correcting mistakes on texts, emails or posts.

9. Desire D

Desire D Well-Known Member

Think I've only ever used it for the camera, don't ever knock it though. Leave the little fella alone! :)

10. Unfriendly

Unfriendly Active Member

I use it when I have to correct something in a message, and it does okay (never had a phone with trackball but I think that would do better) I have tried using it in games and I quickly learned to never do that :D

I hardly ever use it by mistake, but it does happen..

11. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

sigh. I guess nobody has found a way to turn it off?

12. Lol mahmood

Lol mahmood Well-Known Member

I found it a nuisance at first, but I'm getting used to it now. It's not as user friendly as the iPhone text correction thing where you just push and hold on the text in question.