Turbo4 over Velocity 0.3 help

Last Updated:

1. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can't tell if I'm getting it to work right. Does Turbo4 not include SetCPU like last time? Cuz it's not showing up in my apps after installing.

Been running V0.3 for a while with no problems. Decide to use Turbo again this morning. Downloaded the one from the Velocity 0.3 thread with kernel, went into recovery, cleared cache and dalvik cache, installed from zip, restarted. I have no idea if it worked or not since I don't see SetCPU or anything like when I installed it over V0.2 a while back.

What should my kernel say under about phone? Should I have SetCPU automatically or not?

Also out of curiosity, say I get this working and then want to go back to plain Velocity 0.3. Do I just reflash the V0.3 zip or what? How would you go about getting rid of the turbo.

Advertisement
  2. CTroxtell

CTroxtell Active Member

No, setcpu does not come in the package. The author of setcpu has asked everyone to not put it in their packages. It can be found for free on xda forums. As for just converting back, I believe all you have to do is reflash it. I am fixing to try to go back because my phone has been on a constant crash frenzie here lately even set at 600MHz

PowerBomb likes this.
  3. blay

blay Well-Known Member

Correct, Just re-flash your ROM.

PowerBomb likes this.
  4. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay thanks for the help. Yeah now that I think of it I remember the SetCPU author asking people to stop using it. I like turbo but man is my battery life suffering already again, that's why I asked about how to remove it. Thanks.