Turn my epic into a usb web cam?Support

Last Updated:

1. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't see anything that seamed like it would work in the market that could do this. I want to use my phone as the web cam for my ps3. There was one that had to have accompanying software on my computer. Could a program do this? Maybe pick which camera to use.

Advertisement
  2. Stringyquark

not one comment on this yet. The whole idea was so that I, with my limited understanding of linux and of the android operating system, didn't actually have to do any real work to find out if this is possible. I will look around and post my findings if to just keep this thread from getting buried.

3. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

I have an app called "Secret Live Stream" that will turn an Android phone into a webcam. No software needed, you just go to the url it displays on the phone and you can view the video from any web browser on your WiFi network. I imagine this would be viewable on a PS3.

4. Stringyquark

Thanks but I was wanting it to do the functions of web cams in game. I don't think that would do it. I'm would like to hook it up using the usb cable and have an opperating system just recognize a usb webcam, and just start using one of the camera. Since this is a function of video calls don't think it should be impossible but it might not be able to stream the camera through usb.

5. adelmundo

adelmundo Well-Known Member

There is an app called Mobiola, but unfortunately it is not available for Android. Only BB, Windows Mobile, and Symbian. Hopefully they make it work on an Android phone one day.