Last Updated:

1. ovenfresh

ovenfresh New Member This Topic's Starter

i've looked thru all the settings seemingly and tried looking for a widget
    to do the job but cant seem to turn 3g off and use edge to save battery

Advertisement
  2. huskerkurt

huskerkurt Well-Known Member

I was looking for this too, and appears that AT&T, as they did on my wife's Backflip, has disabled being able to do this. I found a solution for her phone on the Backflip forums, I haven't tested yet to see if works on this phone, but I've linked the thread so you can check it out.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-backflip/70926-disable-3g-yes-you-can.html

3. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure someone posted earlier they couldn't get Any Cut to work on the Captivate. It would change the setting, but still would connect to 3G.

4. ovenfresh

ovenfresh New Member This Topic's Starter

tried any cut, doesnt work

5. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

This worked for me ... you must re-enter if you reboot or if you enter airplane mode, but that is not a big deal to me ..

Originally Posted by BecomingxInsane
    I found out that if you go into the dialer and type in *#*#197328640#*#* that it will take you into a menu that will allow you to change it. From the main menu of the ServiceMode screen, select DEBUG SCREEN, then PHONE CONTROL at the bottom, then UE STATE CONTROL. From there select CHANGE RAT TO WCDMA to enable 3G only, and select CHANGE RAT TO GSM for 2G only.

6. gibsonplayr21

gibsonplayr21 New Member

I got the anycut way to work, and selected GSM only then went to put it back, and now my text messages wont send..... did this happen to anyone else?