Turn off Alarm?Support

Last Updated:

1. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure which of the many DINC areas to put this in, but hopefully someone knows what I am talking about.

I am one of those classic lazy Americans that have to hit the snooze button when the alarm goes off. However, the DINC only lets you snooze twice then just goes at it until you force close the clock with ATK (only way I've found). This is good for me, as it forces me to get up to go through the menus and turn it off and such.

But is that the only way to stop the alarm or am I missing something?

Also, this morning, it decided to continue to vibrate after I force closed the alarm with ATK. I am almost 100% certain that is not supposed to happen. I had to turn off the phone to get the vibrate to stop because nothing was running that I could find (in ATK or running system apps).

load97 likes this.
  2. PearlRose

No responses yet so I'm going to assume this is phone needs to be replaced lol
  3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Can't help you. I never hit snooze.
  4. robhakari

robhakari Member

i've never had this issue. i routinely hit the snooze many times.
  5. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I hit the snooze 45 minutes everyday haha, so I'm pretty sure it will let you snooze in 10 min increments until the cows come home.
  6. PearlRose

Guess I am visiting VZW today... it did it again but this time only let me snooze once...
    I tried letting it go to see if the vibrate would stop on it's own. After 5mins I had to power cycle.
  7. jtiseo

jtiseo Member

Any solution to this? This just happened to me this morning. This morning I snoozed once, the alarm went off (mine isnt set to vibrate...sooo it was really loud) and I needed to power down to get it to stop. I also noticed that the screen wasnt on the lock screen when the alarm went off. When it started buzzing, the phone was unlocked and sitting on the home screen.

BTW this also happened to me a few weeks back, but then I just chalked it up as a fluke incedent.
  8. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Been happening to me for awhile now. Wasn't sure if I accidentally was hitting a button, but i have to turn the phone off as well.
  9. PearlRose

I haven't found a fix. We tried both a soft and hard reset on the phone. Of course according to VZW tech support, it isn't supposed to do that. They claim that you shouldn't need to restart your phone or use a task killer to kill the alarm. I've tried killing it with ATK (no longer installed), System Panel, and the HTC task manager; none caused it to stop. At most it would stop the ringing but not the vibrate.

My replacement should be here by the 3rd, I'm hoping sooner.
  10. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Did you go in to a store first about the issue or just call VZW and get referred to tech support? I'm thinking I should do it as well. I was using widget locker(new app) untill 10 minutes ago. I don't think that was doing anything, but figure I should try and see if stock lock screen helps.
  11. PearlRose

I called first, tried the hard reset with him. It still happened so he suggested a store.
    Went to a store and the guy told me "I don't have time to troubleshoot this issue as there are more people waiting"... WTF I was waiting in store queue for an hour already with a 3yr old. He let it go through one... ONE snooze cycle and said he saw nothing wrong when I explained at least three times that is has to go through both.
    I called back while leaving the store and amazingly, the store guy noted that "he didn't have time" to troubleshoot and that it "must be intermittent."
    CS apologized and placed the order for me. Which I found two days later she placed it wrong. Instead of an "even 30 day exchanged", she placed it for 319 to my 199... making it to where I'd have to pay the difference??? A manager fixed it and said that I should be getting a gift card too, but I'm not counting on that part. Would be nice, but I just want the replacement at no extra cost (new for new of course) and pray that the second one isn't like this.

Sorry lol, this was a bit more ranty.
  12. load97

load97 Well-Known Member

Are you using widget locker? Sorry to hear about your crappy time at vzw.
    Kevin at Tesla coil(widget locker) is looking in to the issue I'm having.
  13. PearlRose

No widget locker on mine. I was playing with it this morning... and now I think ATK caused the issue. I was able to stop the alarm from System Panel... no lingering vibrate. My replacement will be here tomorrow. Still sending the current back because it powers off every time I plug it into the car charger (for past week), which two other phones use the same one with no issue. Replacement should be here tomorrow... *crosses fingers for no pink screen*

Ya, I was surprised about the store experience as I only go to two of the stores in my city. Both I used to work for ages ago when Solectron was around and most their employees know me. He is lucky that the store manager wasn't in (whom was a sales rep when I was a tech)... I may check if he's there tomorrow.

One thing I hate about being an ex-VZW tech is my current job knows I used to work for them and ask me all these Android questions... Android wasn't even around when I last worked there! I'm as clueless as they are on some issue lol.
  14. jtiseo

jtiseo Member

That is unfortunate about your store experience...I guess like any place, there are some good people and some bad people to deal with.

FYI I do not have any task killers or widget locker installed, so I don't think that is the cause.
  15. PearlRose

I should have my replacement in the next few hours. They said it would deliver on a Tues so I gave them my work addy, however I'm off every Friday and that's the day it ended up being...

I'll do a few test alarms before I install any apps and then add them one by one and report back this evening.
  16. PearlRose

I want to say it was definatly a glitch in the phone. I've been playing with the replacement (new for new) and so far have gone through 5 snooze alerts and finally gave in. I've also added all my wanted apps and went through 3 snooze alerts.
  17. coypu76

coypu76 Member

18. highdefinition

highdefinition Well-Known Member

I have had this problem quite a few times before, but it hasn't happened in so long I forgot about it.

It seems like the only way to turn off the alarm is from the lock screen. Some nights I would get txts after I went to bed and when the alarm went off it went right through the lock screen and I could turn the alarm off by using the app killer. The last couple times I tried this the app killer did nothing and the only way to make it stop was to restart the phone. I haven't found any other way to fix this problem, it hasn't happened in a while but it is still really annoying especially since I have a roommate.