• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off calling and use data only?

Arcolog2

Feb 17, 2010
Hello All,

I am using PDANET and tethered to my laptop. My laptop is sharing my connection with my XBOX 360 at work (lol). Works unbelievably well.

My only problem is, I need to stop my a-hole friends from calling me while I'm at work playing some games.

Is there a way to prevent phone calls and text messages to inhibit those from kicking my data connection off while tethered using PDANET?

Any help will be awesome.

I have done searches all afternoon and can't find anything relating to it.

Please don't suggest Airplane mode lol, that doesn't help....

Dave

Who is your carrier? On verizon I believe its *72 send to forward all calls to voice mail then *720 to cancel forwarding, other carriers use different codes but they all have them. But really...I can't believe someone is complaining about all their friends calling them at work interrupting your gaming??? I want your job.

Reactions: lezel
Upvote 0
Yea, I got the call forwarding worked out now. Verizon is *72(then the number) *73 cancels it.

Now I just need to figure out how to prevent ALL text messages, cause that makes me lag in Call of Duty and gets me killed everytime lol

Well, I was on a 33 hour shift where we get to settle down and spend the night here, sleeping, unless we get woken up to work, so for a few hours we play some XBOX

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones