1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Turn off calling and use data only?

Last Updated:

1. Arcolog2

Arcolog2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

I am using PDANET and tethered to my laptop. My laptop is sharing my connection with my XBOX 360 at work (lol). Works unbelievably well.

My only problem is, I need to stop my a-hole friends from calling me while I'm at work playing some games.

Is there a way to prevent phone calls and text messages to inhibit those from kicking my data connection off while tethered using PDANET?

Any help will be awesome.

I have done searches all afternoon and can't find anything relating to it.

Please don't suggest Airplane mode lol, that doesn't help....

Dave

Advertisement
  2. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Try going into Settings => Call Settings => Call Forwarding => Always Forward and put in your voicemail (or house phone) number, should work

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

If you are using HTC's poeple app you can also send individual contacts direct to voicemail by editing their profile and ticking 'Send calls directly to voicemail'.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Who is your carrier? On verizon I believe its *72 send to forward all calls to voice mail then *720 to cancel forwarding, other carriers use different codes but they all have them. But really...I can't believe someone is complaining about all their friends calling them at work interrupting your gaming??? I want your job.

lezel likes this.
  5. Arcolog2

Arcolog2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, I got the call forwarding worked out now. Verizon is *72(then the number) *73 cancels it.

Now I just need to figure out how to prevent ALL text messages, cause that makes me lag in Call of Duty and gets me killed everytime lol

Well, I was on a 33 hour shift where we get to settle down and spend the night here, sleeping, unless we get woken up to work, so for a few hours we play some XBOX

6. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Have you tried turning on DDTM? My understanding is with that on, it blocks calls (and I guess text messages) while data is being transferred. I'm pretty sure I ran across that setting on my HTC Hero, but don't remember where off hand.