Turn off daily briefing widget on Samsung GalaxySupport

Last Updated:

1. beany155

beany155 New Member This Topic's Starter

How do I turn off the Daily widget on my Samsung Galaxy S smart phone. :)

Advertisement
  2. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member

remove it with titanium backup

3. beany155

beany155 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi swamprat, I am new to this techo stuff so can you explain what this does? Will it void my warranty? Is it recommended for android phones?

4. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member

You can only do this by rooting your phone. If you are concerned about warranty it would be a good idea to check with your supplier what their policy is.

If its ok you need to download from the market galaxy one click lagfix (something like that IIRC). EDIT: Its called RyanZA's One Click Lagfix This takes you through a process that opens your firmware up to deeper modification (rooting) and allows you to get rid of the lag . Once rooted you can download and install Titanium Backup which allows you to backup and also delete applications that came with the phone- daily briefing being one.

Its a fairly painless process now. You can't delete it though if the phone is not rooted

beany155 likes this.
  5. blonkster

blonkster Well-Known Member

Remove from the just the screen, or uninstall fomr the phone?

If you want to remove it from the screen then do a 'long hold' and drag it to the bin.

beany155 likes this.
  6. DewiMorgan

DewiMorgan New Member

Personally I don't want to either uninstall it, nor remove it from the screen.

I just want it to not be running. I currently don't care about weather, stocks, news, or calendar - but although I can remove this widget from the home screen, I cannot remove the application from memory.

Settings -> Applications -> Running shows it running. But the "Force Stop" button, it does nothing! Even after turning off all data updates in the app, it still sits there, cluttering up the list. Sure, it's 0 bytes, and sure, I want to keep it around in case it's useful some day. But that doesn't mean I consent to it running now.

Anyone know how to kill it?

7. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

The apk for this is "InfoAlarm.apk" and as far as I know the only way to stop it is to remove it from /system/apps/ which requires root.

8. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

It is a system process and there is no way of killing it, because if you did so it will just start up again. Just don't worry about it running in the background. I don't think it is using Data in the background.

9. sureshisin

sureshisin New Member

I had the same question. So after a couple of attempts, I went to settings->applications->manage applications, got to the app, force stopped it. It did stop and did not start again. It might come back when I turn-off and turn-on the phone, but I think this should be fine.