• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn off daily briefing widget on Samsung Galaxy

You can only do this by rooting your phone. If you are concerned about warranty it would be a good idea to check with your supplier what their policy is.

If its ok you need to download from the market galaxy one click lagfix (something like that IIRC). EDIT: Its called RyanZA's One Click Lagfix This takes you through a process that opens your firmware up to deeper modification (rooting) and allows you to get rid of the lag . Once rooted you can download and install Titanium Backup which allows you to backup and also delete applications that came with the phone- daily briefing being one.

Its a fairly painless process now. You can't delete it though if the phone is not rooted

Reactions: beany155
Upvote 0
Personally I don't want to either uninstall it, nor remove it from the screen.

I just want it to not be running. I currently don't care about weather, stocks, news, or calendar - but although I can remove this widget from the home screen, I cannot remove the application from memory.

Settings -> Applications -> Running shows it running. But the "Force Stop" button, it does nothing! Even after turning off all data updates in the app, it still sits there, cluttering up the list. Sure, it's 0 bytes, and sure, I want to keep it around in case it's useful some day. But that doesn't mean I consent to it running now.

Anyone know how to kill it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones