Turn off Data apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The first thing I would like to be able to put on my phone after getting it set up and what not when I get it tomorrow (THANK GOD WAITED TOO LONG HA HA), but I would like to be able to have the option to turn the data off when I don't need it and turn it back on when I want it... If that makes sense?

I tried searching on the board, maybe I didn't search in the right spots. I am not entirely sure, if so I apologize.

Was curious if anyone knows of any apps that are free and easy to use?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

There is a shortcut (wizard) you can put on your screen to toggle Mobile Network on and off. Or pressing and holding Power will give you the option to toggle Mobile Network also. Both of these are part of the phone but also stop your weather and e-mail and other syncing so make sure what you want to sacrifice.

3. Shorte85

Okay, thanks! I will let you know if I have any trouble doing so. I am currently awake and waiting for the Fedex truck to get here with my phone. So excited! :D

4. Shorte85

Sorry for double posting. However, I am curious. Does anyone know what the phone usually comes with? Like I see all this talk about different ROMs and etc so I was curious. :)

5. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

It should come with Froyo 2.2 and most likely you will get prompted to add the recent update since I doubt it will be on there already.

The incredible is a Sense based phone so it will have a lot of HTC apps and wizards in addition to the VZW and Google stuff.

6. Shorte85

ah okay, ha ha... which I more than likely won't use a lot of them... lol

boy the icons and stuff that there are is overwhelming ha... for a newcomer that is ha