• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turn off "Featured Content"?

blslivkoff

Lurker
Dec 15, 2016
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Verizon which has just been updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1. Since the upgrade it often brings up "Featured Content" when waking from sleep. I've looked everywhere online and on the phone trying to find a way to turn this off and can not find anything. I don't want this advertisement on my phone. Any suggestions?

I've got a Homtom HT17 and "Go Keyboard" comes as a system program so that I can't uninstall it. The best I could do was block it Settings -> Sound & Notification -> Notifications -> App notifications -> GO Keyboard Lite -> Block all.

At least the GO Keyboard is no longer bothering me but the Featured Content continues to be a major annoyance.

Upvote 0
Just a ray of hope. Featured content is still around and annoying when it appears, but it is appearing less frequently. Maybe the source got tired of me since I didn't take any of the goodies offered to me. Most likely that is not the reason, but in fact I am bothered less frequently these days.
If anyone discovers the place it is hidden and how to get rid of it, I am still interested.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones