• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off lock screen?

lucasfinley

Nov 6, 2009
Im sure this has already been asked but are there any apps out there that turns off the slide to unlock/draw pattern to unlock screen? Its getting annoying to have to press the power button and then have to deal with a lock pattern. Ideally I would like to press the button and go.

Search the market for 'screen mode widget'. There are three settings for it, regular - lock/swipe ('sleep auto'), bypass the lock ('awake stay') or always on ('screen stay'). You want it set for 'awake stay', it works really well. You can turn the screen on w/the power button, camera key or volume rockers when it's set to 'awake stay'.

Upvote 0
Im sure this has already been asked but are there any apps out there that turns off the slide to unlock/draw pattern to unlock screen? Its getting annoying to have to press the power button and then have to deal with a lock pattern. Ideally I would like to press the button and go.

Screen mode widget is great but even if you slightly press the camera button (which is very sensitive) you'll end up unlocking your phone. If you're got a pattern lock, you might wanna check out "autolock"
You'll be able to set up a time of delay before your phone goes into the pattern lock mode after your screen turns off. You'll have to pay for it but if it's something that frustrates you, I believe it's worth the money. Besides, we wouldn't think twice about spending the money if it was a tangible item we'd want to try/eat.

Upvote 0
I just found one called Lock Delay, it works perfectly. Some other ones end up making you both slide to unlock and do the pattern. This one does exactly what it's supposed to... delays your lockscreen for a set amount of time after you press the power button on your phone. It's very configurable also... if you don't use a pattern, you can just use it to delay the slide screen, or you can tell it not to have a slide screen when you press the power button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones