Turn off Mobile View?General

Last Updated:

1. gsxr150

gsxr150 Well-Known Member

How to you turn off "mobile view", while searching websites? The EVO had it as an option. So you could view full websites like on a PC.

2. treven21

treven21 Well-Known Member

From the browser go to settings and check box "auto-fit pages".
  3. gsxr150

I have that checked. When i go to ebay or news it brings me to mobile site.
  4. Grimlock1973

Grimlock1973 Active Member

I want to know how to change the setting as well. I HATE going to mobile sites because it is usually has less content and not as robust as the full pc site.
  5. treven21

treven21 Well-Known Member

Cool I'm curious too. Usually I scroll down to the bottom where there is an option to view full site.
  6. d33170

d33170 Member

Type "about:useragent" in the address bar and choose desktop instead of custom. Or you can dl opera browser via market
    RoboMonkey likes this.
  7. gsxr150

Yep, I think we are screwed on an easy setting. What's up with that...
  8. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

My friends atrix is the same way... When he told me, i was like, that sucks, now im on the same boat. When I had my EVO, I really liked how you could easily change it to pull up full websites every time.
  9. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Opera and Dolphin HD are the only browsers I know so far that keep the "Desktop" user agent setting. I wonder why Google didn't give us this option in their own stock browser - AND the fact that their phone didn't integrate with Google+ to promote it over facebook...kinda weird.
  10. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm this works? It does on the international version of the SGS2:
    AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

Also... the browser is an enhanced version over stock as detailed in this review so I'd be surprised if any 3rd party browser performs faster/smoother.
  11. gsxr150

12. HotInEER

HotInEER Active Member

Strange. So I just use DolphinHD browser to get around that.
  13. apinkel

So I went in to play w a epic touch... you can bring up the useragent info in the browser and change it but it doesn't stick. Has anyone tried this with a rooted phone?
  14. Stumper

Stumper Member

I used to use Dolphin HD and had the add-on installed where it was a one-click option to change the user agent string for the browser. However I tried Miren browser and it is just so much faster and a lot smoother in my experience. You can change it to the Chrome Desktop UAS, however you have to go through settings > advanced blah blah blah, which isn't as quick as the one button change on Dolphin.

The mobile site and desktop sites for me aren't usually a big deal so the few times I need it it's not a deal breaker to have to go that far into the settings.
  15. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member

16. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

The problem is that it only works while the browser is opened. It resets back to mobile as soon as you move out of the browser. It is a pain.
  17. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member

Set it as a bookmark makes it much easier
  18. apinkel

I don't have an Epic Touch yet... but I did go into a store to try it out. I didn't test it exhaustively but it did not seem to stick for me, even within the current browsing session.
  19. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

+1 on Dolphin HD
  20. android1561

android1561 Member

I've been scrolling down to the bottom of the page and taping on full site, sometimes if you bookmark the full site the browser will take you to the full site. It doesn't always work, but some sites it works.
  21. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

I use opera permanently because of this. I use dolphin (not as smooth) only when streaming videos over an hour (opera tends to stitter past half hour). So its best to have all 3 installed (similar to a pc with ie for uber compatability, firefox for great compatability and chrome for speed)